Culture Shock DC is looking for a photo/video production intern to assist us with creative projects for marketing and documentation. You will be working in with a production team and will be responsible for photographing and videotaping major events, rehearsals and fundraisers. The ideal candidate is of Junior or Senior status, should have experience, and be proficient working in, Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom and Final Cut or other video editing software. Individual must have a keen eye for detail, be open to constructive criticism – willingly making changes as directed, and work well under pressure and deadlines. This position requires excellent communication skills as it entails working directly with our marketing department via phone and email. Must be able to work independently within a team environment, and possess a “can do” attitude. This is an excellent opportunity for a student seeking to gain hands-on experience in the area of photography/videography, and gain experience of media applications to real-world functionality. This position will also gain knowledge of the non-profit business model and experience working in a professional environment.
- Photograph all summer events
- Import, edit, and upload images to website and social media
- Catalog old company photographs by event and year
- Collaborate effectively with other artists or interns and participate in art review sessions to ensure the overall quality of the product.
- Gather video assets, edit, and upload finished products onto the website and platforms
- To provide assistance in production of campaigns from start to finish of project.
- Be present for all of our summer events and shows.
Necessary/Basic Qualifications: (Junior/Senior academic status preferred)
- Visual Arts, Photography, Photojournalism, or Film Major
- Must own DSLR and/or video camera
- Working knowledge in Adobe Photoshop and/or Lightroom
- Strong understanding and familiarity with all basic digital photography fundamentals
- Strong understanding and familiarity with photo editing, and ability to retouch images
- Ability to follow creative direction
- Academic or free-lance experience in photography and videography
- GPA of 2.5 or above
- Reliable, professional, and ability to communicate professionally
- Currently enrolled in school.
- Other software application experience acceptable.
Location: Washington DC (DMV Metro)
Compensation: For college credit only/unpaid, professional networking experience, project/event credits, and resume/portfolio builder.
Application materials: Portfolio, Resume/CV, Relevant Coursework or unofficial transcript