East Coast Dance Competition: Call for Submissions – Apparel Design
Culture Shock® Washington, DC, a youth dance education non-profit, works to reveal the power and beauty of Hip Hop culture to diverse communities through innovative performance and outreach programs. On December 5, 2015 Culture Shock DC will host the East Coast Dance Competition (ECDC), the premiere Hip Hop dance competition in the region.
This year, the 10th Anniversary of ECDC, Culture Shock DC is proud to extend an invitation to artists to submit a design for ECDC apparel!
Each year the East Coast Dance Competition draws in audiences of over 1,200 people and features a cast of over 300 dancers. This is your opportunity to showcase your work to fellow artists and Hip Hop lovers from across the country.
- Email your name, address, telephone number, brief description of your design, and image to laurenwilliams@
cultureshockdance.org by 11: 59pm 10/9/15.
- Submissions will be accepted from designers of all ages.
- Submissions will be accepted from designers from all locations.
- One image per submission, per designer.
- Images must be in jpeg format. If selected, different file formats of the image may be requested
- No size specification required.
- Designs will be printed on black or white short sleeve t-shirts, long sleeve t-shirts, or pull over hoodies; designs should be as adaptable as possible.
- Use of Culture Shock purple is optional, but provided for use if desired: C:55 M:100 Y:0 K:15.
- Use of our Culture Shock motto is optional, but provided for use if desired: “We are a troupe of individuals, who through the power of music and dance, cultivate self-worth, dignity, and respect for all people.”
- The winning artist will be showcased in the event program and their signature (or a small branded logo) will be on apparel. All apparel proceeds will go to Culture Shock DC.